Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Knitting Progress and Other Assorted Things

I have done a bit of knitting this month.   I had a lot of fun making this little Tea Cozy.   I used the "Teapot Cosy" by Alexis Layton for the simple cozy.   I decided to embellish it with some crocheted flowers.




When not knitting, I'm still making delicious salads and other accompaniments from my weekly CSA pickup as things I've picked up at the farmer's markets. This was the appetizer salad we had with dinner this evening. I had to buy the avocados at a grocery store, but everything else here is fresh and local!  I made the pesto myself last week from as many local ingredients as possible - basil, garlic, and hand grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.  The "half-sour" at the top of the plate was my first attempt at making refrigerator pickles.




Ah...and I can't resist including another beautiful sunrise from last Friday morning...I love how you can see the mountains in the background.   It's so calming!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home